Monday, July 27, 2009

My Lastest Look...Tree Braids

Happy Monday!

I am about a week overdue posting this, but I have been busy, busy.

Anywho...about a month ago, my hair decided to go on strike. No moisture, no curl definition, nothing... Every style I tried looked a hotseasoneddeepfriedmess. I was thisclose to wacking it off and rocking the Cassie. Plus, I was getting sick of batteling this unrellenting Texas heat and humidity, so for my sanity, I opted for tree braids. I had them last summer and I loved them. Easy styling and I gave me a low-no manipulation style that was good for my hair.

I went with synthetic hair, because it's cheap and the brand I use is a 90% deadringer for human hair. This look takes only 4 hours! The first few days, my forehead had that Botoxed look because my hair was TIGHT! Naturally, I was concered about my hairline because I know braids can be unforgiving, but the tension subsided and I can now frown normally.

I joked with my little sis, that my hair on day one, made me look like the Cowardly Lion after he visited the Land of Oz beauty shop...

2 comments:

  1. We wanna see pictures. And not of the cowardly lion!


    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I love your blog! I have a natural hair blog and I have a section called Blogger Naturalistas featuring my fellow bloggers who happen to be naturals as well. I would love to feature you on my site! You can check my site at www.naturalchica.blogspot.com and email me if you have questions at goingaunaturale@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete