Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lustrasilk Twist Out



Success!

Last night, I decided to wash my hair. I am a big fan on Curly Nikki, and after reading her post on her results with Lustrasilk Shea and Mango Conditioner, I was dying to test her method on my hair.

I don't have the Shea and Mango version, but I do have the Olive Oil version. Also, I have had a jar of this stuff for a few months, and I guess I didn't read the directions on the jar thoroughly, because I always thought that this product was a rinse out conditioner....it's not :)

My process:
1. Co-washed hair with Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner, Vatika Oil and honey mixture
2. Detangled with Denman
3. Washed hair with Redken Cleansing Cream Shampoo - hair had product build up from flat ironing
4. Mini deep condition w/ Nature's Gate Jojoba Moisturizing Conditioner for 1 hour
5. Rinsed hair thoroughly
6. Smeared Lustrasilk Olive Oil Conditioner on dripping wet hair from root to tips
7. Two strand twisted hair in 2-3 inch wide sections.
8. Placed duckbill clips at the root of each twist.
9. Sealed ends with Castor Oil and rolled ends on purple perm rods
10. Placed hair in bonnet went to sleep
10.5 Hair was damp this AM, so I sat under my hooded dryer for 30-40 minutes
11. Untwisted hair and fingerstyled with a dab of Qhemet Soft Hold Gel



Overall, I am pleased with the outcome. My curls have definition, they are super soft, no product build up/residue, and placing the duckbill clips at my roots elongates the base of my curls. While, I don't have the length that some of the other Curly bloggers have (mine is only SL when straight), nonetheless, this process is gentle on my hair and it should help promote growth.

4 comments:

  1. I was trying to set up a rule for myself and make sure I got through at least halfway through the products I currently own before buying anything new. I can't pass the Lustrasilk up though. Too many people are raving about it and it's cheap. I'm going to try to find it at the Sally's near my house this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really a great product. I bought it on a whim one day in Fall 2008, at the BSS because I needed a cheap co-wash conditioner. Who knew that it worked so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks pretty. I can't do without my Lustrasilk Aloe Cholesterol. I use it for everything; leave-in, deep condish, cond. wash, etc. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. G - Thank you. I am in love with this stuff. Can't figure out why I didn't try it sooner. My twist outs look 10x better. Hardly any frizz and it's soft!

    ReplyDelete