Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Osh Kosh KEBAB



My manager sent me on a lunch run to Subway. Not a problem, considering that means free lunch for me :) But there's a caveat...I am SICK of sandwiches! I have been eating sandwiches and/or bun-type food almost daily for two weeks.

Thankfully, the food pavilion/strip mall where Subway is located, has sundry food (and dental :/) choices, including Indian food. Well, since it's a new year and all, I opted for something besides the usual "do you want a drink and fries with that?" meal option. With that in mind, I power strutted down to the Indian Cafe. As I entered, the smell of curry greeted me, but my excitement almost dissipated when I didn't see curry on the menu. Instead, the kebab caught my eye. I said something new was in order, but how far was I willing to go? I've never had a kebab, but based on the number of customers and the smells wafting thru the air in that place, I was willing to venture into new food territory. After a thorough food interrogation with the cashier, I chose the traditional kebab.

Meet the kebab...a delicious Naan bread roll of fresh goodness, consisting of savory minced beef, lettuce, onions, tomatoes and a tasty sauce that I couldn't identify.

As my Momma would say, "They put their foot in this!" Goodbye Big Mac and fries, say hello to Kebab!

No comments:

Post a Comment